Bishop Lifting Rentals can provide beam clamps to aid in rigging applications. Made from steel, adjustable beam clamps attach to an I-beam for hoisting without drilling or welding onto the I-beam. Beam clamp rentals come complete with domestic shackles.
2 to 3 Ton
4 to 5 Ton
6 ton and 10 ton
Best Practices for Using Beam Clamps
1. Do not exceed rated capacity.
2. Never pick up a plate whose thickness is greater than or less than the range of jaw opening stenciled on the clamp.
3. Do not lift more than one plate or sheet at a time.
4. Position clamps so that loads are level.
5. Plate must be fully engaged to the back of the clamp throat.
6. Lifts and movements shall be made slowly, do not bounce the load.
7. Never drag a plate, especially out from underneath another.
8. On locking clamps, ensure the lever is moved to a locked position before making the lift.
9. Only vertical/horizontal clamps allow lifting to and/or from a horizontal position. Vertical clamps are for vertical lifts only.
10. Polished and finished plates may only be lifted in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Check hardness of the steel allowed.
11. Do not lift plates with coatings or mill scale that prevent gripping.
12. All clamps shall be identified to include manufacturer, safe working load (SWL), and plate thickness range.
13. Store in a proper location where it is not subject to abuse.
14. Personnel shall stand clear of the load.
• Cam(s) or pad(s) are cracked
• Grip teeth and pad indicate wear
• Pins and linkages have excessive play or wear
• Pin hoes are oblong
• Signs of structural damage to the frame are evident
• Chain (if equipped) shall comply with chain inspection criteria
• Spring does not hold cam against pad in the locked position
• Width at the opening is different from the width at the back of the clamp throat
• Signs of welding are evident
• Rivet hole in shackle "G"-link, radius link, or connecting link become stretched or enlarged
Get A Quote
Get a Quote
We understand that there are many factors
that go into choosing the correct sling, wire rope, rigging hardware, or lifting device for a lift.
Let our sales team help!
Copyright © 2022 Bishop Lifting | All Rights Reserved.