Things to Remember when using Plate Clamps:
- Visually inspect the clamp before each use. Never use a damaged clamp.
- Never carry the load over people and operator and other personnel shall stay clear of the load.
- Never exceed the W.L.L.
- Never use a vertical clamp for horizontal lifting.
- Never exceed lifting angles. Lifting angle larger than 45° = lower W.L.L. by 50%.
- Never lift more than one place at a time in a vertical lift.
- Never use a crane hook too large and/or too heavy for the hoisting eye.
- Determine Center of Gravity and ensure the load is proportionally divided over the clamps.
Contact us today if you or your team needs training on proper use of plate clamps.